Print Friendly Recipe
- Cool side dish---perfect for Thanksgiving!
- Trisha Dove
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 3 large cans peach halves
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp (5 ml) whole cloves
- Add all ingredients to the SYRUP of peach halves.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Allow fruit to stand in syrup several hours (I mix the day before)in refrigerator.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon stick before serving cold.
- It's that easy and is a 3 generation tradition for holiday meals. AND you get double duty if you use the left over syrup instead of water and prepare with 2 small or 1 large box of peach jello....(you may need to add a little water to syrup to make the amount needed). I store mine in a large glass jar in the refrigerator.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.