Print Friendly Recipe
- A great, never fail peanut butter cookie
Serves/Makes:2 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) peanut butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- Blend shortening and peanut butter.
- Add sugars and mix well.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Shape into balls and put on cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar (if needed).
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Do not allow to get dark or they will be too hard.
- I got this recipe from my sister-in-law years ago. I always get comments on how great they are and have even been accused of buying them!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.