Print Friendly Recipe
- Spanish-style corned beef
- Elsa Schafer
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 can corned beef
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). jar Spanish olives
- 5 small red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) black pepper
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) white rice
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- In large sauce pan add 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil and corned beef.
- Cook corned beef until separated; add tomato sauce.
- Add garlic, black pepper, olives and potatoes.
- Cover and cook at medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- In separate sauce pan with lid add rice, water, salt and oil
- Bring to a rolling boil and stir; cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Serve corned beef over rice.
- Tabasco adds a great touch to this easy, inexpesive meal. My mother is from Puerto Rico and they made this often when funds were low since it went a long way and tasted great. This dish is served with the rice on the bottom and the corned beef spooned on top. Sometimes a fried egg is served on top for variation. Buen Provecho!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.