Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shortening
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- granulated sugar
- Mix 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, margarine and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Shape dough into small 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cooky sheet.
- Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from cooky sheet.
- Cool on wire rack.
- This is the classic peanut butter cookie.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.