Print Friendly Recipe
- Perfect Christmas Cut-Out Cookies
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). package cream cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- Icing Ingredients:
- 1 cup (225 ml) confectioners sugar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) almond extract
- assorted food coloring
- Cookie Directions:
- In large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into two pieces, wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters and place the cookies at least one-inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets (I recommend using parchment paper or Silpats).
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes in preheated oven until bottoms are lightly browned and the cookies are firm.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Icing Directions:
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners sugar and milk until blended.
- Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy.
- If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide into separate bowls, add food colorings to each to desired intensity.
- Frost, dip, or paint frosting on cookies with a brush.
- Decorate if desired with colored sprinkles or frosting piped through a bag.
- You can also substitute vanilla extract for the almond extract if you prefer the flavor.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.