Print Friendly Recipe
- Super Simple, Very Quick & Keeps Well
- Sheila Kosko
- 1 package of white candy coating (usually comes in a 1 lb (.5 kg). block in the chocolate chip section)
- 6 candy canes
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Crush candy canes into very small pieces.
- Melt candy coating in a bowl in microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir and microwave another 30 seconds.
- Pour crushed candy canes into melted coating and stir quickly only 'til candy canes are coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the wax paper.
- Spread into a semi-thin layer and let cool.
- When the mixture is firm, break into pieces.
- Place in air tight containers or baggies.
- This is a variation of "Almond Bark" candy. You can substitute white chocolate for the candy coating if you prefer. Of course, the candy coating is less expensive. I have found the 1 lb. package at Dollar General for $2. The candy hardens pretty quickly but if you want it SUPER FAST, put it in the frige or freezer for a few minutes.
***IMPORTANT: Make sure that when you make this that your spoon and bowl are completely dry...or the candy will not not melt properly***
I didn't read the package directions once and tried to add food coloring and had to throw it all away!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.