Print Friendly Recipe
- There are many kinds of endive, but they are all prepared in the same manner. Endive salad is particularly favored as a winter green.
- 2 large endives
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) salad oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) herb mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley, chopped
- Remove the stalks and outer leaves of the endives.
- Wash the endives rapidly but thoroughly in luke-warm salted water and cut them into narrow strips.
- Rub the inside of a salad bowl with the garlic.
- Put the endive strips into the bowl and mix with the oil.
- In a small bowl, beat the liquids to blend, pour them over the endives.
- Add the onion and parsley and mix.
- Correct the taste, as needed.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.