Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). baking potatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) to 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 25 to 30 croutons
- Cook, peel and mash potatoes the day before you intend to make dumplings.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Before cooking, mix with 1 cup (225 ml) flour, beaten eggs and salt.
- Add more flour, 1 tbsp (15 ml) at a time, if necessary, until the dough is smooth and can be kneaded.
- Knead thoroughly on floured board until smooth.
- Shape dumplings with floured hands or two floured spoons.
- Press a few croutons into center of each, molding dumplings around it.
- Cook test dumpling.
- Potato dumplings should be done in 10 minutes.
- They are always served with meat an gravy dishes, never in soup.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.