Print Friendly Recipe
- Uses potatoes to thicken
- Marlene Mondragon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onion
- 1-1/3 lbs (.6 kg). potatoes, about 4 medium, cubed
- 2 chicken bouillon cube
- 10 oz (280 grm). frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- In 2 quarts (1900 ml) saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onions and saute 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, water to cover, and bouillon.
- Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook just until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup (225 ml) of potatoes with slotted spoon,set aside.
- Pour contents of saucepan into container of blender.
- Holding lid securely, blend until smooth; return to saucepan.
- Steam broccoli in microwave dish until crisp-tender.
- Mix reserved potatoes and broccoli into saucepan with blended contents.
- Over medium-low heat gradually add cheese, stirring until heated and cheese is melted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- It is good with extra fresh steamed broccoli added before serving.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.