Print Friendly Recipe
- Various Veggies in a cheese soup base
Serves/Makes:10 or so
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). potatoes, cleaned, sliced and cubed
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). carrots, cleaned, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cleaned, peeled and sliced
- 2 white onions, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and cut
- 2 bunches broccoli, cleaned and cut
- 1/2 head cabbage, cleaned and sliced
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ham chub, cut into cubes
- 1 lb (.5 kg). velveta, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In large saucepan, combine all ingredients except cheese, milk and cornstarch.
- Fill pan with water, just covering vegetables and ham, cover pan.
- Allow veggies to get almost tender and then add milk.
- When mixture begins to boil again, make cornstarch adding it with 1/2 cup (125 ml) cold water.
- Add to boiling soup, slowly, while stirring constantly. This is not intended to make it thick, just not quite so thin.
- Reduce heat and start adding cubed cheese, stirring constantly.
- Once cheese is melted and the soup is seasoned to taste, it is ready to be served.
- I just made this soup up experimenting one day. I use different veggies or not as many on occasion. Some times you may need to increase the cornstarch to make the soup a little less thin. I go by sight and to each his/her own. My family loves it and that is why I make such a big batch....so we don't argue over the left-overs!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.