Print Friendly Recipe
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (225 ml) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 15-1/2 oz (434 grm). jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). whole oregano
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- Saute ground beef and garlic, stirring to crumble beef, until beef is no longer pink; drain off pan drippings.
- Add ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, and mayonnaise to skillet; stir well.
- Stuff manicotti shells with meat mixture; arrange shells in a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and oregano; pour over manicotti.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes.
- Adapted from a recipe in the January '79 issue of "Southern Living".
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.