Print Friendly Recipe
- Penne pasta in an Italian Napolitana sauce.
- 12 oz (336 grm). penne or other small tubular pasta
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml). virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). minced garlic
- 1 cup (225 ml) pitted, ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) packed basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). bottled red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (475 ml) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Drop penne into kettle of boiling water, return to boil and boil gently for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain, toss with 1 Tbsp (15 ml). olive oil, return to pan and keep warm.
- Saute garlic slowly in 3 Tbsp (45 ml). olive oil in skillet until softened, but not browned.
- Add olives, basil, red pepper and tomato sauce; heat.
- Stir in cheeses and beat, stirring, until chunks begin to melt.
- Pour over pasta.
- Pass additional grated parmesan cheese to sprinkle over if desired.
- Simple and quick to assemble.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.