Print Friendly Recipe
- This is usually served with steamed rice
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). chicken, cut into serving-size pieces
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) red cane vinegar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml). whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp (5 ml). brown sugar
- a piece of laurel leaf
- Mix all ingredients well (except the chicken) in a shallow pan.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the pan and cover.
- Simmer until the chicken is nearly done.
- Turn the chicken once in a while to make sure all sides have absorbed the other ingredients.
- Remove the cover and let simmer until the sauce is reduced.
- The chicken will be done when it has a rich brown color.
- You can substitute honey for the brown sugar to make it more tasty, and if you don't want to use butter, you can use margarine instead.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.