Print Friendly Recipe
- My Nana Berryman in the UK
Serves/Makes:6 2 crust pies
- 6 cups (1425 ml) white flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) shortening or 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening combo
- 3 tsp (15 ml). salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold water
- Mix flour, shortening and salt together with fingers until crumbly. Resembles corn meal type texture.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) cold water and fold into mixture with a knife.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) water to form a soft ball of dough.
- Keep dough in an airtight container until ready to make pies.
- This is the fastest easiest pie dough I have ever made.
It's great when you are making pies as gifts or for fund raisers.
My Nana Agnes Berryman used this recipe on a regular basis with grandkids up on the counter assisting.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.