Print Friendly Recipe
- 2-1/2 oz (70 grm). dried currants
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2-1/2 oz (70 grm). pine nuts
- 6 drops orangeflower water
- Cover the currants with warm water in a small bowl.
- Trim the stalks from the spinach; wash the leaves and dry in a salad spinner.
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil in a nonstick 11 inch saute pan and cook the spinach in batches over high heat, turning constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and keep hot.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick 8 inch skillet.
- Add the drained currants and pine nuts and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the pine nuts are golden.
- Add the pine nuts, currants and orangeflower water to the saute pan with the spinach and stir for 30 seconds, then remove from the heat.
- Arrange the spinach on a serving plate and serve immediately.
- From France, the Beautiful Cookbook
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.