Print Friendly Recipe
- Quaker Oats Pecan Praline Crunch
- Martha Purdy
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). box Quaker Toasted Oatmeal Squares Cereal (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups (475 ml) pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine or butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- Heat oven to 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Spray 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cereal and pecans in pan; mix well.
- In large microwaveable bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup and margarine.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 minute 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling.
- Stir vanilla and baking soda into sugar mixture.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Transfer to baking sheet, spreading mixture in even layer.
- Cool completely; break into pieces.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.