Print Friendly Recipe
- Martha Purdy
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark corn syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking soda
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chocolate confectioners' coating
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, corn syrup and vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Heat, without stirring, to 300 degrees (150 C.) to 310 degrees (150 C.), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour into prepared pan; do not spread.
- Mixture will not fill pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt coating chocolate, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Break cooled candy into bite sized pieces and dip into melted candy coating.
- Let set on waxed paper.
- Store tightly covered.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.