Print Friendly Recipe
- Velveeta & Cream cheeze spread
- 1 lb (.5 kg). box Velveeta cheese
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages Philadelphia cream cheese
- 3 4 oz (112 grm). cans chopped green chilis (for all you spicy lovers, you can substitute one can of chilis with 1 small can of chopped jalapenos)
- Tostitos or other bite-sized tortilla chips
- Let all cheeses come to room temperatur.e
- Lay 3 ft. of wax paper on a flat surface (I recommed brand name wax paper, the cheap stuff tears and sticks to the cheese).
- Place the Velveeta block so that it, and the wax paper are both lengthwise.
- Place another 3 ft. of wax paper on top.
- Using a rolling pin, smash the cheese, then roll it out evenly so it's about 1/4 in. thick. The cheeze will spread to each side of the wax paper, then you just make it longer and longer.
- Try to get the ends straight accross, no need to be perfect, just close.
- Spread the cream cheeses onto the Velveeta evenly.
- Place green chilis evenly over first 2 layers.
- At one end, fold about 3 inches of the cheese inward, and keep going to the other side.
- Do not roll wax paper into the layers.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Cut widthwise into sections.
- Serve with Tostitos bite sized tortilla chips.
- People may think it sounds "too cheesy" but you have to try it. This spread never lasts longer than 24 hours in our house!!! Always a hit at company and church pot lucks!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.