Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) black currants,
- raisins or chopped dates
- 1 beaten egg
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut in butter until it forms fine crumbs.
- Add fruit and mix well.
- Add beaten egg (saving 1 tbsp (15 ml) to brush tops) and enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Do not knead.
- Form into two equal balls on cookie sheet and pat each into a 6 inch circle.
- Score into 8 triangles each by pressing a large knife across the circle like spokes of a wheel.
- Brush tops with remaining egg.
- Do not separate.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Delicious served with butter or jam.
My mother's recipe and she baked this in a shallow cast iron skillet.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.