Print Friendly Recipe
- Uses cake mix and very ripe bananas
Serves/Makes:1 9x13 inch cake
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 1 box yellow cake mix (with or without pudding added)
- 8 oz (224 grm). powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) very soft butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk, approx.
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) vanilla
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped walnuts
- Beat bananas, eggs and oil together until smooth.
- Beat in cake mix.
- Bake in 9x13" pan according to cake mix instructions, taking care not to overbake.
- Leave in pan and cool on rack.
- Combine powdered sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Beat until smooth.
- Frost the cake (the frosting will just cover the cake) and sprinkle generously with walnuts.
- Gently pat the nuts into the frosting.
- Allow to mellow a day or more if there's time. It gets better as the days pass. Refrigeration is not necessary, but wise. A good recipe for banana too icky to eat.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.