Print Friendly Recipe
- Moist and delicious
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) cake flour
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml). baking powder
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) shortening
- 1-2/3 cups (400 ml) sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mashed ripe bananas (about 4)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, beat shortening and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk.
- Add bananas.
- Beat on high for 3 minutes, scraping bowl.
- Pour into pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes.
- If baking in a 9-inch round pans, bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool and frost with Mocha Frosting.
- My mother used to make this when we were growing up and I in turn made it for my children. It is a wonderful, moist cake and is fabulous with Mocha Frosting.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.