Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:enough for 9x13 cake
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) shortening (like Crisco)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/3 cup (80 ml) strong cold coffee
- 1 lb (.5 kg). confectioners sugar
- Beat butter and shortening together until light and fluffy.
- Add cocoa and vanilla.
- Slowly add confectioners sugar along with some of the coffee.
- After all the sugar has been added, slowly add remaining coffee until frosting is desired consistency.
- This is a fabulous match wtih banana cake!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.