Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 bundt cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) applesauce
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- 1 lb (.5 kg). gum drops (remove black)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease well and flour a bundt pan or 2 9" loaf pans.
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Blend in eggs and applesauce.
- Blend the dry ingredients well into the liquid.
- Fold in nuts and gum drops.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan(s).
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 2 hours or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and remove cake from pan and cool on rack.
- I have not tried this but I think I will the next time the grandkids come over.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.