Print Friendly Recipe
- Easy to make beef casserole
Serves/Makes:5 healthy servings
- 12 thinly sliced sandwich steaks
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) chili powder
- 11 oz (308 grm) can tomato soup
- 14 oz (392 grm) can chili beans
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sliced olives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onions
- 10-1/2 oz (294 grm) corn chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Break 12 thinly sliced sandwich steaks into a skillet, cook and toss until browned without overcooking.
- Season with 1/4 tsp (1 ml). of salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp (2 ml). of chili powder.
- Add one 11 oz (308 grm). can of tomato soup and one 14 oz (392 grm). can of chili beans.
- Cook slowly for a few minutes to heat and blend the flavors.
- Spread a 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). package of corn chips in a baking dish.
- Pour the steak mixture over the chips.
- Top with 1/3 cup (80 ml) of sliced ripe olives, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of chopped onions and one cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, and serve piping hot.
- I usually use the Philly-Gourmet sandwich steaks for this since they are already thinly sliced and 100% pure beef.
You can find them at Safeway stores, click the link to find a Safeway near you:
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.