Print Friendly Recipe
- contributed to Country women by Connie Korbel,
Serves/Makes: 2 1/4 pounds
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 1 oz (28 grm). square unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp (5 ml) shortening
- 3 cups (700 ml) chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
- Add sugar, milk, honey and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and continue to boil for 2 minutes. Uncover and cook, without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 240 degrees(soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar. Let cool to 110 degrees (45 C.).
- Add vanilla, beat vigorously by hand until mixture thickens and loses its gloss, about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn onto a buttered baking sheet and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Knead for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Shape into 4 in. X 1 1/2 inch rolls.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Melt choclolate chips and shortening in a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl.
- Dip rolls in chocolate; roll in nuts.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and chill until firm.
- Cut into 1/4 in slices.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.