Print Friendly Recipe
- Ball Blue Book (Modified)
- 20 lbs (9.1 kg). tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced carrot
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped celery
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped hot pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- lemon juice
- Wash, core and quarter tomatoes.
- Add vegetables and simmer 20 minutes.
- Put through food mill.
- Add salt if desired.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice to each quart.
- Bring juice to a boil.
- Pour into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Put on caps and process in hot water bath for 45 minutes.
- Ball Blue Book published 1990
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.