Print Friendly Recipe
- Unusual, but tasty, version of the classic Sauerkraut Salad
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). sauerkraut
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped into a nice dice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut, safflower or corn oil
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can pineapple bits, packed in juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the sauerkraut in several waters. Drain thoroughly and dry. (Chop the sauerkraut into a finer chop if desired at this point).
- Add the diced scallions and oil and toss together.
- Add the pineapple bits with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of pineapple juice and several grinds of the black pepper.
- Toss all the ingredients and chill.
- Toss again just prior to serving.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.