Print Friendly Recipe
- The kind of Sauerkraut Salad that our Grandmother's made!
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can sauerkraut
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) very thinly sliced red onions
- Conbine vinegar, sugar, and oil in small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sauerkraut, carrots, green pepper and onion in bowl.
- Add liquid and blend thoroughly.
- Cover and chill 4 to 6 hours or overnight is best.
- It took some time to find this recipe, but it is the one that has been around in our family since the 1930's.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.