Print Friendly Recipe
- Sweet and sour kraut
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). sauerkraut, drained
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced celery
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced green pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole kernal corn, drained
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) diced pimento
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- Chop all vegetables and put into a medium size bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil.
- Cool to room temperature then pour over veggies and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Will hold for a month refrigerated.
- I have given away this recipe a dozen times and always take it when asked to bring a bowl. I also set it on the table at each dinner meal, as it a great side dish instead of slaw.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.