Print Friendly Recipe
- Classic Cooking with Coka-Cola Products gives this recipe loved from the 60's.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:1 whole pie
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) margarine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) nuts, chopped fine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) Fresca
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) powdered milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- In a bowl, combine the flour, margarine, nuts, and brown sugar. Mix by hand until crumbly.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Place an 8-inch cake pan on top and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the cake pan and let cool.
- Whip the cream and sugar until soft peaks form and set aside.
- Mix the pudding mix and powdered milk in a bowl, add the Fresca and beat well for 2 minutes.
- Immediately fold the whipped cream and strawberries into the pudding and pour into the shell.
- Chill until firm.
- I think it is very possible that past cooks have used Sprite for this recipe. However, the flavor of Fresca would add a delightful tartness to the sweetness of the other ingredients and show off the strawberries.
"Classic Cooking with Coca-Cola, A Collection of Delicious Recipes, including Secret Selections from the Founding Family of Coca-Cola" by Elizabeth Candler Graham, Great-great-granddaughter of Asa Griggs Candler, founder of Coca-Cola, and Ralph Roberts. ISBN 1-57102 500-6 Copyright 1994
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.