Print Friendly Recipe
- shrimp served in a bamboo steamer
- Vicky Bryant
- 1 lb (.5 kg). large shrimp
- 1 bunch spring onions, roots cut off but left whole
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) whole black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 fresh limes, cut in half
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). bottle beer (Heineken or equivalent)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Old Bay seasoning
- Place all but shrimp in a pot of water/beer (pot big enough to allow shrimp to roll around during the boil).
- Be sure and squeeze limes into water then toss them in pot.
- Allow water/beer to come to a boil.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook just until shrimp turns pink and comes to the top (about 2 minutes).
- Remove everything with a large strainer.
- Place in bamboo steamer and serve.
- I know you asked for steamed shrimp but I think the shrimp has a better flavor when actually cooked in the liquid. I then remove everything and serve in a bamboo steamer. Makes a fun and nice presentation.
Cocktail sauce - ketchup, lime juice, horseradish, Worchestershire - mix according to taste.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.