Print Friendly Recipe
- Savory and delicious potato salad. A tried and true keeper.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 4 strips of bacon
- 4 potatoes, cooked in their skins
- 4 green onions
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) bacon drippings
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- Fry the bacon until crisp and then crumble it; set aside.
- Slice the green onions in 1/4 inch pieces; set aside.
- In saucepan, place the bacon drippings, vinegar, salt, mustard, pepper, and sugar. Heat to the boiling point, remove from the heat immediately.
- Skin the potatoes and slice into the top of a double boiler over hot water.
- Add the bacon and green onions.
- Pour on the dressing mixture to the potatoes, stir until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Keep covered tightly until ready to serve.
- This recipe can be refrigerated and is excellent reheated as well. Can be doubled or tripled.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.