Print Friendly Recipe
- This gives the full punch of a rich & flavorful meal to make for your family. Yet, is has been configured to be healthy and low-fat and low-calorie.
- S. Chokel
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) evaporated skim milk (divided use)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated parmesan cheese (divided use)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 8 cups (1900 ml) hot cooked fettuccini or linguine
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) butter (or margarine)
- Place oil, walnuts, ricotta and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of evaporated skim milk in a blender or a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely chopped.
- Add the remaining evaporated skim milk, 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper, blending them well. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and toss with butter (or margarine) until the butter is melted and coating the pasta.
- For each serving, place 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) pasta on plate, top with 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) of sauce and sprinkle with 1 tsp (5 ml) of parmesan cheese.
- Serve this with a nice crisp salad with an Italian Viniagrette and add a piece of grilled fish or chicken for a heartier meal for hungrier families!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.