Print Friendly Recipe
- A wonderful appetizer to serve guests, or a nice accompaniment for special evenings with your loved one!
- Michael's BabyCakes
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 cups approx.
- 8 oz (224 grm). assorted mushrooms,cleaned, trimmed and minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) capers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 clove garlic,crushed
- 2 tsp (10 ml). red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). chopped fresh parsley
- Mince mushrooms and shallots with a knife or in a food processor.
- Warm olive oil over medium heat in a medium, nonstick skillet.
- Add mushrooms and shallots when the oil is hot but not smoking; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are very tender and still a bit moist, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In the meantime, place almonds, capers, olives and garlic into a blender or food processor; pulse until very finely minced.
- Let mushrooms and shallots cool for at least five minutes; then stir in olive mixture.
- Stir in vinegar and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or cold on crostini or toasted Italian bread, or with pita bread scoopers.
Note: Oyster mushrooms provide a nice texture and mild flavor. Do not use portobellos; their flavor is too strong, and they contain too much moisture.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.