Print Friendly Recipe
- Cati C.
Serves/Makes:8 dozen small biscuits
- 1 cup (225 ml) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cornmeal
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 2 tsp (10 ml). beef boullion
- 4 oz (112 grm). shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) to 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.), grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, mix oats, butter, and boiling water.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillion, milk, cheese, and egg; mix well.
- Slowly add flour, one cup at a time; mix well to form a stiff dough.
- On floured surface, knead in remaining flour until smooth and no longer sticky.
- Roll or pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutter.
- Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool and store covered.
- I did not come up with this recipe, but I made these for a friends dog who loved them. These make a great gift. It would be really cute if you could find a bone-shaped cookie cutter! :)
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.