Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) to 1 tsp (5 ml) ground red pepper
- 1 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh chives
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). cooked, peeled crawfish tails (or shrimp)
- hot cooked rice
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, garlic, and shallots; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add flour, salt, and red pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until caramel colored (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth, parsley, and chives cook and keep stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbley.
- Stir in crawfish (or shrimp); cooking for another 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and the crawfish or shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.