Print Friendly Recipe
- Fresh trout coated with crushed almonds and sauteed
- April Cremeans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) almonds
- 2 trout, medium
- 1 large egg white
- 1 lemon, medium
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter, clarified
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- Pulse almonds in a food processor just until corsely ground.
- Wash and dry trout, removing head if still attached
- Whip egg white until frothy.
- Dip trout, flesh side down, into the egg white and then coat with the ground almonds.
- Heat clarified butter in a large skillet over medium high heat until butter becomes clear, but is not yet smoking.
- Add trout filets, almond side down and cook approx. 6 minutes.
- Turn over careully, using a wide spatula and cook skin side down approx. 3 more minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
- Guests may squeeze the lemons over the fish if desired.
- I am a personal chef and I serve this for clients. It is refreshing change of pace from the usual fish recipe.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.