Print Friendly Recipe
- Excellent recipe to take to potlucks or summer picnics! Try it with cold chicken or use it stuffed into pita pockets or stuffed into a fresh baguette!
- S. Chokel
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh button mushrooms
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped green olives
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- Wash and dry mushrooms, slice thinly through the stems.
- In a large saucepan, combine the mushrooms with 2 cups (475 ml) of water and bring to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to a simmer for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain well, (reserve liquid for soups or other recipes if you'd like).
- Then, place the mushrooms in a large bowl, and add to the bowl, the parsley, salt, pepper, oregano, onion, garlic, green olives, sugar, oil, and vinegar, and blend everything together.
- Store the mushroom mixture in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours so it becomes thoroughly chilled and the flavors blend, overnight is best.
- This recipe doubles and triples easily.
- Note: If you you'd like, use all sorts of your favorite mushrooms, as long as you have at least a pound of whatever combination you use.
Hint: I like to add about 1 to 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and some lemon zest to this salad for a extra summery touch!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.