Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) Carolina rice
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- cinnamon for sprinkling on top
- Put milk,sugar and rice into a large pot.
- Let it come to a boil, stirring and watching, do not leave unattended for it will boil over.
- Lower heat to simmer, stir often.
- Add the nutmeg, and simmer at least one hour.
- Meantime, in a bowl beat eggs and vanilla.
- When rice is cooked to a thick consistency, fold egg mixture into rice mixture.
- TURN OFF HEAT.
- Pour into a large serving bowl or two, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve chilled.
- This is my Mom's recipe, everyone who has had it says it is the best they have ever had. I hope you enjoy it too!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.