Print Friendly Recipe
- Ray Welsh
Serves/Makes:4, as an appetizer
- 1 medium French baguette
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mature Irish cheddar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Colmans English mustard (any hot mustard will do)
- 1 clove garlic
- cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- Mix the cheddar, English mustard, egg, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Slice baguette in two (length ways) and lightly toast the bread; allow to cool.
- Rub the garlic liberally over the toasted bread.
- Spread the cheese mix liberally over the bread.
- Sprinkle Cayenne pepper to taste over the cheese mixture.
- Place under a hot grill and cook until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Excellent as an appetizer or for a quick lunch when served with a mixed salad.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.