Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 lb. or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/4 chopped walnuts
- 12 oz (336 grm) chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, salt, water and butter.
- Cook to light-crack stage (285 degrees (150 C.) on a candy thermometer).
- Add chopped walnuts and pour into a well buttered cookie sheet.
- Melt 6 oz (168 grm). of chocolate chips.
- Spread on top.
- Turn toffee.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate chips and spread on the other side of toffee.
- When chocolate has cooled, break toffee into pieces.
- For variation press chopped or sliced almonds or other nuts into chocolate coating on toffee before it cools (substituting the same nuts for the walnuts in the toffee itself).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.