Print Friendly Recipe
- Made in crock pot
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) raw converted rice
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- lemon zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream of half and half, chilled
- Place all the ingredients, except the cream, in the slow cooker and stir once.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve lukewarm with chilled cream or half & half.
- I like to increase the vanilla to 1-1/2 t. and you could, depending on your taste, substitute the lemon with 1/2 t. almond extract. Then serve the rice pudding topped with the cream and sprinkled with toasted almond slices for a change of pace.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.