Print Friendly Recipe
- Hamburger Pie (perfect with left over mashed potatoes)
- Robin Bassham... an inherited dish
Serves/Makes:4 or more servings
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground chuck
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream of mushroom soup (divided in half)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fine bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mashed potatoes (previously made, leftovers)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shredded cheese
- Mix ground chuck, 1/2 can of soup, onion, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Place and pat down mixture into a pie pan or iron skillet.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 25 minutes.
- Drain grease into empty can.
- Place warm mashed potatoes on the hamburger and add the other 1/2 of the mushroom soup on top of the potatoes.
- Generously sprinkle cheese over entire dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- This has been a favorite of mine since I was a small child. Mashed potatoes have always been my favorite food, so they were made often in my household. My mom always seemed to make enough potatoes so that she could make two hamburger pies a few days later. . . Talk about comfort food!!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.