Print Friendly Recipe
- Eggplant with a crispy crust
- 1 fresh, smooth and shiny eggplant of any size
- 1 or 2 egg whites
- 1 cup (225 ml) (or more) wheat germ
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- sliced tomato, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Wash the eggplant; cut off the top and bottom ends. Do not peel.
- Beat the eggwhites and put into a bowl.
- Put the wheatgerm on a flat dish.
- Slice the eggplant into thin slices.
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt, put into a colander for about 15 minutes to let drain off the bitter juices.
- Rinse off the salt and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip each slice into the egg whites then into the wheatgerm.
- Sprinkle each piece with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Places slices on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Note: Sometimes I put a thin slice of tomato on top and sprinkle with cheese.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.