Print Friendly Recipe
- Trader Vic's book of Mexican Cooking
- 8 white flour tortillas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 4 cups (950 ml) canned refried beans
- 1/4 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheese, Montery Jack or cheddar
- taco sauce
- sour cream, optional
- Place tortillas in ovenproof dish, sprinkle with a tsp of water; cover and heat for 10 minutes in a preheated 300 degree (150 C.) oven.
- Saute onion in oil, add beans and heat through.
- Put a large spoonful of beans in the center of each torilla,
- Top with lettuce, tomato and avocaco slices, green onions, cheese and taco sauce.
- Fold the tortilla over the filling, at sides and ends, to enclose the filling completely.
- Put burritos in a baking pan and heat in a preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- This is a simple receipe and quite good. If you don't like avocado, leave it out. If you would like some meat, put a little grilled chicken (shredded) or shredded leftover roast beef. I usually top these with sour cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.