Print Friendly Recipe
- A Mexican pastry
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3 eggs
- confectioners sugar or cinanamon-sugar mixture
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil to 375 degrees (200 C.) in a 4 quarts (3775 ml) Dutch oven or deep saucepan.
- Heat water and butter to a rolling boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat:
- Quickly stir in flour and salt, stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth and glossy.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Squeeze 5 inch strips of dough into hot oil.
- Cook, turning frequently, until deep golden brown, drain.
- Sprinkle generously with confectioner's sugar or cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 24 Churros
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.