Print Friendly Recipe
- Italian Stuffed Beef
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). to 2 lbs (.9 kg) beef top round steak 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white raisins, plumped in wine/water (optional)
- black pepper and salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). olive oil for frying
- 1 quart (950 ml) marinara or spaghetti sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Pound steak thin.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Spread over pounded steak.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Secure with string or toothpicks.
- Heat about 1 tbsp (15 ml) to 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil in skillet and brown the braciole.
- Drain off any remaining oil and add the marinara sauce.
- Simmer, covered 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove string or toothpicks before serving
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.