Print Friendly Recipe
- Sauce for pasta, soups, etc.
- 4 large cooking onions
- 5 or more cloves garlic, smashed then peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 100 oz (2800 grm). canned plum tomatoes
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). brandy or vodka
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sea salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped fresh basil, or 1/2 c basil pesto
- 1 cup (225 ml) stock, any will do, turkey, chicken, vegetable, V8.
- Coarsely chop onions and garlic add to a food processor, pulsing until they are a fine chop.
- Heat oil in a deep stock-pot; add onions and garlic, sweat until they are translucent.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper; continue cooking a few minutes stirring often to prevent browning.
- Add brandy or vodka.
- Chop the tomatoes in the can to break them up; add to pot.
- Bring to a brisk boil, stirring often for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cover to simmer for 25 minute.
- Use a hand mixer, the stick with blades to puree to whole thing.
- Yield 4 litres, 16 cups of delicious all purpose tomato sauce for pasta, soups etc. This sauce freezes very well.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.