Print Friendly Recipe
- chocolate praline bar desert
- Sam Ribaudo
Serves/Makes:15 or more
- 1/4 box(tube) saltine crackers, unsalted ok
- 1-1/2 stick butter, unsalted ok
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar, light ok
- 1 package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.), use center rack.
- Spread saltines over 9"x13" (air gap) jelly roll pan.
- Melt 1 stick of butter using large bowl in microwave covered for 1 minute.
- Stir 1 cup (225 ml) of brown sugar with melted butter.
- Spread sugar butter mixture over saltines.
- Place pan in preheated oven for 4 minutes till bubbling--no more than 5 minutes.
- After time is up spread package of chocolate chips on top with spatula until chocolate melts completely on top. This takes several minutes to melt.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow to cool 2 hours in fridge.
- Break up in pieces and serve.
- Fast, easy to make and it will be the first dessert to disappear at any function. They beg me to keep bringing it to all my relatives and pot luck functions and they want the recipe.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.