Print Friendly Recipe
- Taken right from Mueller's
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard (optional)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Margarine or butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz (224 grm).) shredded American or Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz (224 grm). Mueller's Elbows (about 2 cups), cooked 5 minutes and drained
- In medium saucepan combine corn starch, salt, dry mustard and pepper; stir in milk.
- Add margarine.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) cheese until melted.
- Add elbows.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree (200 C.) oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Some people who have used this recipe feel that it originally called for flour instead of cornstarch which they prefer to use.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.